What a great week :) Haha the experiences I have had lately are really putting my mission into perspective and making me SO much more grateful to be here each day! As many of you know I got my appendix removed on Wednesday. My mom is going to write for me after I Skype my family on Christmas because I don´t have anymore time! However, Let me just say, for being such a minor surgery it hurts like crazy!!! haha maybe its just the location of where they operate but my goodness, it did not feel good by any means. It required 4 days in the clinic and approx. 15 more days of recovery. I got 10 shots, 4 in my spine to numb me, 3 in my arm (2 because he couldn't find the vein) 2 in my wrist for the IV, and one in my belly button... holy hannah the belly button shot and the spine shots hurt more that I thought possible!
you almost just have to laugh when you are in that much pain but it hurts soooo bad to laugh... so that's not really an option either! I hope you enjoy the pics. I had no idea appendixes were so nasty looking... I am glad that gross thing is out of me ;) Its a cool thought to think that when we get our perfect bodies I will get my appendix back :´) Anyway, it is almost Christmas and it is hot and sunny here... it just isn't right. Take the time this Christmas season to remember the true meaning of Christmas. Trust me, I know what it is like to get caught up in the gifts and parties but take some time to do something to show your appreciation for our Savior Jesus Christ.
you almost just have to laugh when you are in that much pain but it hurts soooo bad to laugh... so that's not really an option either! I hope you enjoy the pics. I had no idea appendixes were so nasty looking... I am glad that gross thing is out of me ;) Its a cool thought to think that when we get our perfect bodies I will get my appendix back :´) Anyway, it is almost Christmas and it is hot and sunny here... it just isn't right. Take the time this Christmas season to remember the true meaning of Christmas. Trust me, I know what it is like to get caught up in the gifts and parties but take some time to do something to show your appreciation for our Savior Jesus Christ.
Also, I would like to thank all of those that sent me emails this week. It was great to have all of the support and prayers. I really appreciate you all. I am not sure if my letters get sent out as emails or just get put on the blog but if you have questions ask my mom on Facebook. Please understand if I don't get back to you very quick, an hour and a half flies by every week. Know that I am thinking about you and that you are in my prayers.
With pain in my gut and sincere love in my heart,
Elder Bailey
No comments:
Post a Comment