DOGS...
Hello all! so I don`t have a ton of time but I want
to share a rather
(after our P day was over) we were walking to a
appointment we had
scheduled. My companion was in front of me and I
was behind talking to
the member that was going with us. My companion
whistled at a dog
he knew was always on the roof of a certain house..
Something I
forgot to mention is that here in our area there
are dogs everywhere!!
I cant even explain how many big scary dogs there
are here! Anyway,
as he whistled this dog started barking and the
events that followed
were extremely tragic ;) I had no idea that there
was a group of dogs
behind us so as i stepped back out of fear of the
big dog on the roof
I felt this sharp pain on the back of my leg. I
heard the member yell
and i turned around to see a really BIG dog
attached to my leg! I was
in so much shock that I didn't know what to do! I
tried to get my bag
off to hit this dog with but I couldn´t manage to
get it off quick
enough. The member came running and kicked the dog
and it went
running.. I just stood there in shock... I had just
been bit by a
really big dog and I wasn´t feeling much pain. I
pulled my pant leg
up and there were 2 distinct bite marks on the back
of my leg that had
began bleeding pretty bad! We quickly made some
phone calls and got on
a bus so we could get to a clinic. They scrubbed it
so hard that i was
holding back tears the whole time! it was awful!
haha anyway, I have
pictures but the Internet is so bad here it won’t
let me send them. I
really want you guys to see some of the cool things
I have seen and
the area i am serving it! Back to the dogs though..
I am absolutely
terrified of almost all dogs now.. every time a dog
looks at me wrong
or barks my heart drops and I just begin to expect
a dog to be latched
on to my leg... I plan on coming home with a new
language but at this
rate I will come hope with PTSD and stomach
ulcers.. It’s all good
though! After about 8 or nine visits to a hospital
or clinic we have
found that this dog is rabies free! I want to
quickly end on a
spiritual note. We have an investigator that is sooo
good and ready
for baptism. it has been amazing to see the change
in him as he
strives to live the principles taught in this
gospel. We should all
strive to make a change, even if it is just a
little one that can help
us develop those Christ like attributes we should
all desire to have.
We will find joy in changing for the better and
becoming like our
Savior Jesus Christ! As the scriptures say, when
you are serving
others you are serving God! This Christmas season
lose yourself in
service, it will be one of the most, if not the
most memorable
Christmas seasons you will get to experience! There
is nothing that
excites me more than getting to spend my Christmas
serving the
wonderful people here! This gospel is true and
real! Give it a shot!
Elder Bailey
No comments:
Post a Comment