Monday, August 24, 2015

Up-date August 10  

Today was transfer day! I am staying here in la Merced (that I was expecting) and I got a new companion. His name is Elder Peck and is also from Utah. That makes 6 of my 10 companions "gringos" (which means, you can`t make fun of me if I don`t speak spanish well when I get home.. I really am trying but it`s like trying to learn to swim from someone who also swims with a lifejacket ;) 

I am really excited for this transfer. I wanted to finish my mission training but the Lord knows better than I do what I need. I just hope that I can make Him happy. 
I read a really good passage of scripture today that opened my eyes. 
1 Nephi 13:8-9
8And the angel spake unto me, saying: Behold the gold, and the silver, and the silks, and the scarlets, and the fine-twined linen, and the precious clothing, and the harlots, are the desires of this great and abominable church. 9And also for the praise of the world do they destroy the saints of God, and bring them down into captivity.  
 
We are all the saints and we must be careful. Satan wants to destroy us and he does it in ways that seem innocent like "the praise of the world".   I hope that I never even get close to that miserable state of "captivity". 
This is the true Church! I love being a missionary and inviting all to come unto Christ! 

Elder Bailey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment