January 19th up-date
Bueno.. we received transfers and as was expected, I stayed here! :) best ward in the world :)
Elder Jones left and my new comp is Elder Holmes from Arizona! He is super cool, we teach really well together and are seeing lots of miracles. We set the goal as a companionship to teach every visit with the presence of a member and we are seeing huge changes! I never want to teach another visit without a member present! The spirit that accompanies the members has changed our area and I wouldn't have it any other way.
We are teaching a man, (we can`t use real names so we will call him Frank) and he is progressing so well! I honestly think that he is one of the most prepared people I think I have ever taught. We found him one day as he was sitting outside by his gate. We were going to a visit, a little rushed when we felt the need to turn around and talk to him. We set a return visit and since that day the powerful members have helped Frank prepare for his baptism the 31 of January. We have visited him with more that 7 different members that have all treated him like their best friend. He is talking about his baptism constantly and every visit is extremely edifying.
Elder Holmes and I are really enjoying all of the work the Lord is giving us! I will finish with my testimony that the Gospel gives us comfort even tough situations come our way. We had two devastating experiences yesterday but I felt an overwhelming peace knowing that our Heavenly Father has got everything under control and I just have to do my best as his faithful servant!
Elder Bailey
January 12th up-date
Mis queridos amigos!
We had a great week here!! We are really trying to capture the Prophets vision,
"Now is the time for members and missionaries to come together, to work together, to labor in the Lord’s vineyard to bring souls unto Him,” he declared. “He has prepared the means for us to share the gospel in a multitude of ways, and He will assist us in our labors if we will act in faith to fulfill His work."
We have been leaving with several different members and we have seen how willing they are to participate in the work and help bring souls unto Him. Several have even said, "elders, I want to accompany you guys when you go to visit that family on Tuesday, please call me, I would really like to help that family, I have felt that way before. I can pick them up on Sunday morning so that they get to church on time."
Tomorrow is the day of transfers, I am almost positive that I will be staying here, I am actually really hoping that the both of us stay here! For the first time in my mission I really really really have desires to stay here for a long time! This ward is great and there is work to do!
I hope that everyone has a great week and that we can all remember the importance of every day!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment