Weekly up-date
11/10/2014
All is well in Zion!!
What a crazy week it has been! This week was full of conference! We spent almost every day in a conference. There were several different ones, one for the 50 years of the Church in Bolivia, one zone conference, and a weekend full of stake conference! I learned a ton, and am excited to put these things into practice!
We talked a lot about the spirit and the influence it should have in our daily life. I am excited to trust less in myself this week and let the spirit do the work! Sounds a lot less stressful! :)
We are happy! We have an elders quorum president and he is awesome! he wants to help us and we are so excited to work with him :)
We are happy! We have an elders quorum president and he is awesome! he wants to help us and we are so excited to work with him :)
anyway, we spent most of in conferences this week so I don't have much to share! pictures are
coming! :)
Love you all, Elder Bailey
11/03/2014
Weekly up-date
So.. Halloween was a buzz kill here! hahah in the states everyone gives candy and has fun, here.. it`s just better not to even mention it! but... we celebrated here in the house at least! As we were walking home the was a lady selling costumes right by our house! there were 2 masks for 5 Bolivianos each! we snatched those guys up quick and after planning and everything took a few Halloween pictures and ate orange cream Oreos. We had our own little Halloween party.
I am officially going to complete 1 year in Tarija! how lucky am I! It has flown by and I am afraid to leave! Haha luckily the transfer just started 2 weeks ago so I still have one month of relaxed breathing! All is well here, we are struggling to find people to teach but we are really focusing on the work of Salvation here in our ward. We have realized that the Lord isn´t going to give us more baptisms if they don´t stay active in the ward, so.. we are going to strengthen the ward! woot woot!
Cool spiritual experience of the week:
Yesterday we taught the new elders quorum presidents brother who is not a member. (actually, the new elders quorum pres. is a 21 year return missionary of 1 month and is the only member in his family). But not for long!! we taught his 20 year old brother and it was a great lesson. The first visit he was a little bit hesitant but this time he loved it! he accepted a baptismal date and we are extremely excited! Now, the cool experience, we asked him to say the closing prayer and he said yes. As he began his prayer it almost sounded like he was talking to us. It was like any other conversation. He talked about his worries, he asked for help, he explained his ideas and the he asked what the Lord thought would be good. I felt the spirit so strongly. He wasn´t just talking, he was communicating with God. It was one of the first times that he said he had prayed out loud and it was one of the most humble and sincere prayers I have ever heard. As I was reflecting on his prayer later that night I thought about how different the world would be if we all prayed like this 20 year old non member prayed that night. He gets it. He knows that God is listening and answers prayers. Sometimes I think we forget the essence of prayer. We are literally talking with the God of the universe. It should be something special every single time. I have made the goal to have more sincere prayers this week and not just talk TO God but talk WITH him. What a testimony builder it was for me! The Lord lives and knows us! I KNOW IT!
Have a great week everyone!
Elder Bailey
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment