Sunday, July 27, 2014

3 Weekly Up-dates

7-21-2014

WE GOT ZONE SHIRTS!!!! :) woot woot! that would probably have to be one of the highlights of  the day! The highlight of the week... we helped reactive a less active member and he is now assisting regularly and is happy! Times are changing and the mission isn´t about just finding and baptizing, we are working a lot to rescue and reactive. I love it. I love the feeling of helping someone get to the waters of baptism but I love helping someone that has already made those promises with our Heavenly Father come back and feel welcome and at home in the church again!
I love the mission! I am learning tons! This week I taught our gospel principals class and it ALMOST ran away from me.. Every week there are about 20 people in the class and this week we talked about Exaltation (is that spelled right?? in Spanish its exaltación.. hope we are on the same page) When we talked about the potential we have to be like our father in heaven a couple of the less active members started a big discussion that just turned into a huge argument.. A guy that is investigating the church jumped in, bore testimony and saved the class.. hahahaha he is going to be a great member ;)
Life is good! I love the mission and am trying my hardest to enjoy every second because it goes by way too fast!!
Elder Bailey

7-14-2014

Things are going well here! Still loving life! We have a reunion and interviews with the President this week and I am really excited. Listening to him speak just pumps me up and makes me want to repent and work even harder! ha-ha it really is great. I am enjoying the different responsibilities that we have now but nothing beats teaching someone that really wants to change their life and find true happiness. We have had a couple of those kinds of visits this week and it has been great :)
To finish... The mom of the teenage girl that got baptized
 is going to get baptized! It is crazy because I started teaching her in my last area and now in my new area we are teaching her mom! it is awesome, she is super ready and there is no better feeling that helping a family become united within the church! The Church is true!
 



 

7-7-2014

What a week we´ve had!  We spent Monday and Tuesday in Santa Cruz at our leadership conferences and I learned a ton!  Santa Cruz is very different than Tarija but it also seems really cool! One day I might make it there but I hope not too soon! I am loving life here in Tarija and hope I get to keep enjoying it for a pretty minute! :)
We had a baptism on Saturday and it was way spiritual. The girls mom wants to receive us now and we are really excited for that. We are working a lot with the families of our recent converts and it´s been great to see such a big change. Even in the short time I have here I have seen the people want this change in their lives and live happy! My testimony has really strengthened these last two weeks and it has been great to see the Lords hand in this work.
Elder Bender is great, we really have a blast together. We joke a ton and are always laughing. We are both hard workers and are seeing the fruits of the hard work!

The mission is great! time flies and I am really trying to love every single minute!  Hope everyone is doing well and enjoyed their 4th!

Elder Bailey

P.S.. I will try and remember to send pics next week! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment