Sunday, April 6, 2014

TRANSFERSSSSSS!!! ya.. no pasa nada.. I am still in my first area and actually am really excited to be here one more transfer! Elder Alfaro is in Santa Cruz and that was really hard! I have never enjoyed my mission so much as I did with him! My new companion Elder Ramos is great too! Now it is my turn to make things fun while still working HARD! These last few days I can honestly say that I have been extremely focused in the work! We have set a goal as a companionship to have 15 baptisms this transfer! now.. before anyone says.. "wow that´s impossible.." get those negative thoughts out of here! ha-ha We have prayed and we both feel like that is the number the Lord has prepared for us and we are going to do all that we can and let the Lord fill in the rest. It requires a lot of faith but we are not going to stop working! Be ready to read about some miracles! Also, along with positive thoughts, prayers are always welcome! ;)
I have been given a little bit more responsibility here in our zone and I have been learning a lot about what it takes to set an example! I am really working on that. If I am not excited to be here and working my hardest I am not doing my part! the Lord has asked me to give up my desires and serve him for these two years and that is what I have realized I need to do. If I am working my hardest, with faith and prayer, I will leave in a year and 6 months without regrets!
Sorry I don´t have more to write! I hope all is well! Remember that everything depends on our faith! one quote that I like for today, " Pray as if everything depended on the Lord and then work as if everything depended on you!" 
Much love,
Elder Bailey
 
 

March 24, 2014

 
We changed internet cafes and now I can´t send pictures.. What a downer. I am going to figure out a way!
So this week was pretty great! Elder C. Scott Grow of the 70 came to our mission and it was a great experience with lots of personal revelation!
So we were at a conference last night with him when we got a phone call form our bishop telling us that our house had been broken into and the police were waiting for us there! AHHH! hahah we got there and the police told us that we needed to see what was missing.. we entered the house and... everything was still there! The funny part of the story is that we left church a few minutes early but we had no idea why. I have never left church early in 6 months in the mission and its not something you usually do! so we got to the house and the lock was gone but we didn´t think much about it thinking that the owners probably had it.. we walked past the house in front of ours to enter our apartment. we sat there and did some work for a few minutes just like normal. When we left to lunch the gate was closed in a different way and again we assumed it was the owners. NOPE! we were in our house while they were stealing from the house of the owners and we had no idea! They lost thier computer but we think they left early when they heard us enter!  What a unusual prompting that saved us from getting robbed! haha
Things are going really well here. we have 5 people with baptismal dates and are hoping that they fall into place.. it all comes down to faith!
Cambios are tomorrow and there is a chance I will leave but it isn´t very likely! I am almost positive that I have one cambio more here! I am hoping so!
This gospel is true! Personal revelation is real! I testify of that!
Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment