Sunday, November 17, 2013

Last email from the MTC!!

Dear everyone, this has been a very uneventful few weeks so I really don´t have much to say. What I’ve decided to do instead of writing is take my email time to send pictures (because I have been such a slacker). It is so beautiful here but I couldn´t be more ready to get out of here. My Spanish isn´t very good at all but I am ready to get to the field and start learning! I do have to take a minute to recognize the power of the gift of tongues. I didn´t know how real it was until lately. I was getting really discouraged at times and realized I needed help with the language. A simple thought came to mind. I had been looking up and only seeing how far I still had to go when what I really needed to do is look down and see how far I have already come. It was amazing the comfort I received. I realized how much Spanish I really did understand. Some people are a lot harder to understand than others but as I sat in class this morning I realized that I was understanding about 85% of what was being said! It really is an absolute blessing and miracle. I am doing the Lords work and in return he is blessing me in ways I would have never expected. I am going to end here but I wanted to share a little about my Latino companion. First off, he is the nicest guy you will ever meet. He is really quite but genuinely cares about everyone! On the other hand, he is probably the slowest person I have ever met. God is trying to teach me patients and sometimes I fail miserably. I am doing a lot better but it is SOOOO hard sometimes. It’s a testimony that the Lord knows me perfectly and knows the areas I need to work on! There is no where I´d rather be right now (than Bolivia). This mission is an amazing thing and I am so glad to be doing this work!

Take care, Elder Bailey

 
 







 

1 comment:

  1. Nigil, we are so proud of you!!!! WE love reading your letters….I can tell you are an amazing missionary already understanding things that take some missionaries MANY months to learn. We pray for you daily so keep up the good work and know that we all LOVE hearing your experiences….it strengthens our testimonies and you are setting such a good example for all of us to fallow. Don't worry about getting back to us personally(of course unless you want to) we just love hearing your general emails. Keep up the good work and know that we are very proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete