11-1-2013
Nigil didn’t have much time to write this week, so here is a general letter he wrote to friends and family as well as a snippet from a letter to he wrote to his family :)
I
have no time so I´m just going to share a few quick thoughts. First, I have
learned how important it is to always be worthy and available for the spirit to
reside with you! I always though I knew what it was like to feel those
promptings but it wasn’t until I put all of my trust in the Lord that I’ve
realized how much the spirit can help you. This week we did a practice
teaching. Our investigator had some problems with addictions and didn´t want to
be baptized. I sat there for a moment and that is all I remember. I wish I
could describe the feeling when you let the spirit work completely through you.
I honestly have no idea what was said but when we went back and watched the
video I was speaking in Spanish... it made sense, the sentences were clear. My
companion and I were able to say exactly what needed to be said. It truly is
amazing when you put your trust in the Lord. Like the scriptures say, Through
Christ all things are possible! I testify of that! I know that Satan has no
control over us. I know how challenging addictions can be but I know how
rewarding it is when you can conquer your addictions and prove to yourself that
you are a lot stronger that you ever imagined. I know that the Lord loves and
knows each and every one of us individually and wants to hear from us. He wants
to help us, that is why we have the atonement! Use it every day to better
yourself! Kneel and pray to YOUR heavenly father and thank him for all you
have, ask him for all that you need. He WANTS to help you! I know that!
(snipit) I thought that the longer I was here the
easier it would get but I was sooo wrong. It is hard. It is so easy to get
overwhelmed with all the information that is thrown at you and it is even
harder that it’s all in Spanish!
I
am glad to hear that things are going well. I want to send some pictures of my
experiences here but I am not sure if I will have the time this week! We got
new districts and it’s so hard to be patient sometimes. Are you surprised that I
am struggling with that? ha-ha. So this week I have really been trying hard to
focus on reading the book of Mormon. I have always struggled to stay focused
and so this week I prayed that I could understand and begin to love reading...
well prayers are answered... I haven’t wanted to put it down. It is amazing! If you are not reading it every
night please give it a try :) alright, I love you more than you know! Please
keep me posted on how things are going! Also, please include an apology from me
on the blog; I don’t have any time to email people back this week so I will
really try on Thursday!!
Elder Bailey
No comments:
Post a Comment