Wednesday, November 6, 2013


11-5-2013

Another limited email week (can’t imagine why ;). Again this is a snippet from a letter he wrote home. He starts out by answering a few questions from an earlier email regarding the best way to communicate with him.


You are welcome to give everyone my email please just let them know that I have a really hard time getting back to everyone because I normally have about 20 emails to read each week and only an hour to both read and write! It is so stressful! ha-ha I love hearing from people though! Just tell them not to be offended if I don’t get back to them that week! emails are great but if people want to send stuff in the mail to my mission address that is fine too! :) I love getting stuff in the mail! I am beyond excited!! I can’t believe that i am 3 days away from a month of being here!! it is kicking my butt! It is spiritual boot camp! I still don´t know crap about Spanish but I just keep praying that one day I will wake up and be fluent.. Or at least understand what language is being spoken ;) it will come in time; the Lord is teaching me patience! It is crazy to me that I am already a month in... I am so confused as to why I am not fluent yet! ;) It is so easy to get frustrated here, it is sooo hard sometimes! I am learning humility like crazy! Or so I’d like to think! I am disappointed in myself when I look back at my email and look at how bad the punctuation is. That is so not my personality but time doesn´t allow these emails to look pretty! We got to explore the city today and it was absolutely amazing! Colombia is so beautiful! I am going to try and send pictures if I have time! As I have worked on humbling myself more and more this week I found a scripture that has really helped me. I think it is Alma 26 verses 11 and 12. If it isn’t I bet those are good ones too. :) Everyone should definitely read it! I am out of time but I want to testify of the importance of being humble and loving at all times. It doesn´t matter what you believe in people are always going to be more receptive when you get out of the way and let the spirit use you as an instrument. We had an amazing experience this last Saturday as we talked to a family while proselyting. We talked to them for an hour and learned so much about them. We told them how important families are to God and how no matter what your beliefs God wants the best for you and wants you to succeed. The mom was so happy we talked with her. She felt the spirit speak through us and she wanted to know more because of the way we cared so much about her family! She said she wanted to read the Book of Mormon with her family! When you can humble yourself enough to realize that you are no better than anyone else your love for people grows so much. I didn´t even know this family but I wanted them to feel what I feel! I want them to have eternal happiness! Anyway, the gospel is amazing. I have fallen in love with prayer. If you are reading this email I ask you to kneel down and say a prayer. it doesn’t have to be long or profound, just sincere. Talk to your Father in Heaven, he wants to hear from you. I am beyond grateful for the work i get to do. It is sooo hard but i have never felt so accomplished in my life! This is the Lords work and i am honored to put my name tag on every day and be a representative of our Savior Jesus Christ. Oh p.s. I get a Latino companion tomorrow so it will most likely be a VERY quite week with a lot of "no entiendo" phrases thrown in there.. Pray for me ;)

Elder Bailey

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment