Thursday, April 16, 2015

Weekly up-date   April 13th


Hola family and friends!
I hope everyone is doing well! 
This week was great, we received our transfers and sadly I got transferred out of the great ward I was in. The good news is that I am in a new ward and it is also great!! haha I am so excited to work in this ward! The bishop wants to work in the work of salvation and we are going to see miracles this transfer! 
My new companion is Elder Carabajal, he is from Argentina and I really couldn´t be happier
. He is a spiritual giant and he makes everyone around him want to be better. I may just leave here with a halo and glowing ;) hahah I am really hoping that we will have at least two transfers together! 
 

This week I will have the chance to go back to Tarija for a few days and I am really excited. That is my home field and I am excited to go and invite EVERYONE to come unto Christ :) 
We have started a 40 day fast. Obviously not a fast of food or water, but of habits and things that hold us back from being more like Christ. I am really excited to leave behind my natural man and become even  more converted.
I am loving life and ready for this new transfer! It should be a blast and we are going to give all that we have and all that we are to this work! 


President and Sister Willard

New Companion Elder Carabajal 
 
 

Weekly up-date April 6th

....sorry it's late :)

What a great conference weekend! Even though we weren`t able to watch much of it here in English and the signal dropped because of the bad weather. Luckily the session I was able to watch in English without problems was the Saturday afternoon session. I feel as though that session was directed directly at me! It was awesome! I was really impressed with the 3 members of the 70 that talked in a row in the middle! Powerful! 

This week was jam full and we didn`t have much time to be outside teaching but we were able to find some great people and invite a family to be baptized! they even came to the conference! woot woot! 
 
Here is a quick summary of our week:
Monday: P day
Tuesday: normal day! 
Wednesday: Leadership council
Thursday: Zone meeting
Friday: normal day! 
Saturday: Conference!
Domingo: Conference!

There it is, came and went in the blink of an eye!

This week we have transfers.. we will have to see what happens! I am in a great ward and would love to stay but I am willing and ready to go where the Lord wants me to do if that is what He wants! 

We have just had a full focused week on Jesus Christ and I hope that we can always feel that! HE LIVES! 

Elder Bailey
 




 












 
 

 
 

Weekly up-date   March 30th

Conference week!


 woot woot! I am super excited for conference this weekend! We are stressing about being able to watch it in English.. I love Spanish but it just isn`t the same not hearing their voices!

We had a great week. We found some really great families and are excited to see them progress! We had a cool experience this week. We were going to contact a reference that we had received and when we found out he wasn`t there we felt the need to knock the doors of his neighbors. We got to the 3rd house to the right when a man scream "!¿quien es?! (who is it?) "the missionaries" we commented. from the tone of the scream we didn`t know what to expect. He opened the door, we talked for a minute in the door and he let us in. We had a great lesson with him and his wife and they accepted baptism. They wouldn`t accept a specific date but they are willing to keep learning because they have desires to change their lives and have a better family relationship. Just another testimony that the Lord prepares His children and puts us or them where they need to be to accept this perfect Gospel! 

I invite everyone to go share the new video that the church has done "Because He Lives" with a friend, post it on Facebook, or do something to share the great message that HE LIVES! He suffered and died for our sins, but we know that he was resurrected and that HE LIVES! That is the great message we need to share with the world! ¿Lo harán? (Will you do it?) 
 
Elder Bailey
 

Weekly Up-date   March 23

This week has been a good one! super fast! 

Baptism! We had a great baptism this week and the lady that got baptized is such a strong convert! She was already ready like 2 weeks ago, she just needed her attendances.  About a week ago she set up a class for relief society to teach them to sew and all of that good stuff! she is going to be a lifelong active member! 

Just a random thought.. this week I found myself showing off my family pictures quite a bit. The first thing everyone said is "WOW! Elder, you were FATTT! what happened??" hahah they then go on to comment how cute the family is and then right at the end they throw in another " wow.. elder... I didn't even recognize you!" haha it is a bitter sweet kind of feeling. In the states we aren`t as direct as we are here. 

This is the true church. I feel it more and more everyday. The priesthood has been restored to the earth and it is only though that priesthood that we can be eternal families! God loves everyone of us! I know that with all of my heart! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Bailey 
 

 

 

 

Weekly up-date March 16th

Estoy sin mucho tiempo!! 

 
All is well here in Santa Cruz! (Santa Puej!) as they say here :) 
The mission is awesome! we had a pretty normal week and we are still searching for new investigators! we are learning lots! 
WE are ready for conference in a few weeks! woot woot live from SLC! 
okay I am out of time! love you all! 

Elder Bailey
 
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment