Monday, February 10, 2014

2-10-2014 Update

So this week was pretty normal. Actually, no.. It was better than normal. I don´t know what changed in me but I was really happy this week. I think this is what the mission is supposed to feel like! I am just happy to be here. Everything feels better. I have been working hard on having a more positive attitude and I think it has really helped! I feel a sense of peace I haven´t felt the whole time I have been here!

We are still working really hard with the brother of the boy we just baptized. He is doing really well and he seems really ready to have this gospel in his life. He didn´t come to church this week and because of that we have to push his baptismal date back a week so that is a bummer! We want nothing more than for him to feel the joy his brother feels!
 
We had a really cool experience with his this week. We were at the church one night teaching him a lesson when we explained the power of the priesthood and the impact a priesthood blessing could have in his life. He said it was something he wanted and he asked my companion to give it. I prayed so hard that he could feel the spirit and that the blessing could have an impact on him. I wanted him to feel it so bad. There was nothing different about the words, it was a normal blessing, but the spirit was so strong. We ended the blessing and sat down across from him. He had tears in his eyes and asked us what we did to him. I explained that it was the power of the priesthood. He said, "no really, what did you do, why do I feel so good? what did you guys do to me?" we again explained that it was God´s way of manifesting the truthfulness of what just happened. We explained that it was the spirit that he was feeling. He sat there for a minute and said," I want to feel the spirit like that forever."     I was beyond grateful that the Lord answered my prayers. The spirit couldn´t have been stronger.
I know this church is true. It is impossible to feel that good in something that isn´t true. I have a testimony of the power of the priesthood! what a blessing it is! I am so glad to be doing this work, the work of salvation!
Elder Bailey



Dinner of champions

 

No comments:

Post a Comment